View Single Post
Old 26th May 2009, 11:56   #1232  |  Link
mark0077

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
once your brain has gotten use to 24p, it will find it just as smooth as anything else! the visual cortex cares for smoothness, so if the frames interval is very stable, it will create the illusion of perfectly smooth motion picture. something you will NEVER get w/ 24@60

but maybe you were simply trying to reassure yourself to not toss that 60Hz-only flat screen of yours?
lol well it has all sorts of modes obviously from 24hz upto 60 and I see this "argument" in hundreds of forums (oh you must be blind not to see it, or youd never go back once youv tried 24hz). Yes I notice the judder at 60hz BUT you'd also have to be blind or have some sort of brain blur to think 24hz was anything near smooth in the first place.

To summarize what I mean when I say I don't care so much for the difference between 24hz vs 60hz, to give 24p at 24hz vs 24p at 60hz scores out of 10, with 10 being... well like looking through a pane of glass at the action :P ... (hopefully something that improves over time maybe with 48p or 60p), then I would give 24p at 24hz 5 out of ten and 24p at 60hz 4 out of ten... thats the best way I can explain things to you guys, 60hz isn't a a big deal to many when the motion in the first place is rubbish. The tiny judder at 60hz fits in just nicely with the awfully low frame rate we begin with.

I suggest some of you guys at least try the PC Mode on your displays. Some of you might be surprised at the difference in quality, no added effects or blurring or... well I can't even explain what some of my family members "top of the line" Tv's do the image to ruin it but I tell you, I definitely would settle for 60hz judder anytime i get a TV that adds too many of these effects. Its kind of a similar situation, once you have seen what images your TV can display with all of the trickery disabled in a pc-like mode, you will never go back

Last edited by mark0077; 26th May 2009 at 12:05.
mark0077 is offline   Reply With Quote