View Single Post
Old 26th May 2007, 19:41   #1060  |  Link
plugh
A hollow voice says

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritical View Post
An exclusion band in tdecimate could be accomplished by using the clip2 parameter:

mpeg2source()
tfm()
saved = last
stackvertical(crop(),crop()) # set crops to remove lines containing subtitles
tdecimate(clip2 = saved)

In this case, tdecimate will calculate everything based on the input clip, but will output frames from clip2. The clip2 clip only has to have the same number of frames as the input. All other properties: height, width, and colorspace can be different. You could replace cropping/stackvertical with another method of removing the subtitles (set the subtitle area to black using overlay, etc...)..
If I may inject a question:

In a thread in the avisynth usage forum, I'm trying to use tdecimate on an animated film that was sped up slightly for broadcast. One of the problems I'm having is (I believe) related to vertical film jitter; the animation has its own dups, but frame to frame film jitter means they don't always align perfectly leading to higher difference metrics.

How can I get the dup matching code to search up/down a few lines to find the min difference metric? That is, given current frame "C" and previous frame "P" calc metrics between

lines C 1 thru N vs lines P 1 thru N as usual,
but also
lines C 1 thru N-1 vs lines P 2 thru N
lines C 1 thru N-2 vs lines P 3 thru N
and
lines C 2 thru N vs lines P 1 thru N-1
lines C 3 thru N vs lines P 1 thru N-2

and use the min metric for the dup check.

BTW, I also encountered a mode 2 rate dependant accvio with this movie. I see your latest version addresses this - I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks!
plugh is offline   Reply With Quote