View Single Post
Old 31st March 2009, 17:21   #241  |  Link
jgawera

Erm, that would help if I had quoted the right post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgawera View Post
Excellent, can't wait for the batch processing. I've been waiting for this before I attempt to encode my TV episode DVDs

I'd also like to remind you of a couple of ideas I had which would speed up the process for people that are encoding a lot. My ideas basically don't require the user to keep coming back to the PC after each stage.

pgc.net should allow a batch facility to rip multiple pgcs from multiple DVDs (or DVD folders on the hard drive). For example, I copy all 6 DVDs of the Sopranos series 1 to my hard drive, I then want to add all 13 episodes to the pgc.net list and hit go. Leave it for a while and let it do it's thing.

Index.net should have the option to also index subtitles. That way I can add all 13 episodes of sopranos to index.net, leave it to do it's thing and then the process of adding to avi.net is much quicker. I don't have to wait 13x3 mins for each episode to index the subs.

And then the obvious next step to these is to combine pgc.net and index.net so that I select the 13 pgcs from the 6 dvds on my hard drive. For each pgc, it rips, indexes, and indexes subs. So now I create my list, hit go, and when I come back, everything is ready for a quick avi.net session and then hit go again.

Thanks for the great app, keep it up.

J
jgawera is offline   Reply With Quote