View Single Post
Old 9th July 2003, 03:00   #6  |  Link
karl_lillevold

i updated the version to 1.0a after making a couple of modifications to the installer script. No change to the codecs themselves.
o win9x support in installer, hopefully, not fully verified.
o uninstaller will delete reg keys vidc.i420/yv12 only if they point to these DLLs (in case they were changed to point to other codecs after installing these, they will not get deleted by the uninstaller)

I have one question perhaps someone here can answer. In VirtualDub and ..Mod for a YV12 source when I choose "Fast Recompress" and use a YV12 capable compressor like XviD or even the Helix YV12 codec, based on the FAQ on YV12, I would have expected VDub to ask the codec to provide YV12.. But I see in the debugger that VDub asks for YUY2, even though the Helix codecs say they support YV12. In fact VDub does not even ask for YV12, it asks for YUYV and YUY2 as far as I can tell. Is this expected? Maybe I should jump over to Avisynth Dev and ask there.

From FAQ: "Just load your avs file in Virtual Dub and set the video on "Fast recompress". In this mode the process will stay in YV12 (all the necessary filtering has to be done in AviSynth itself). Under compression select a codec which support YV12"

Last edited by karl_lillevold; 9th July 2003 at 07:53.
karl_lillevold is offline   Reply With Quote