View Single Post
Old 20th May 2018, 10:07   #236  |  Link
SuperLumberjack
French Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
NTSC is YIQ, an analog form of YUV, in which signals between 53.6mV and 714mV are converted to RGB between "pure" black and white, at least to whatever limits your crappy TV could achieve. "Correct" color rendering under NTSC is a polite fiction that anyone who ever created or edited content knew was a dirty, dirty lie. "Never The Same Color" is its unofficial nickname.

Byuu picked the colors he did based as closely as possible to an ideally calibrated NTSC monitor, with a bit of haircut off the top to average in the effect of the phosphors dimming every field. It has nothing to do with 16-235, which was a concept not invented until digital video. No game console would use that until HDMI appeared. This task is purely subjective, purely for your own appreciation, and you should pick a scheme that looks aesthetically pleasing to you, not seek a holy grail of perfection that doesn't actually exist.
Thanks for the explanations !

Yes, you are right, what I did is only for my own appreciation It will never be perfect, I know. When I say it's perfect, it's just a way to express my contentment I'm aware of the limits of what I do, even if I try to do as if there were none.

Otherwise, I wouldn't try anything

If I share my scripts, it's precisely because it's subjective, and because maybe somebody would prefer another of my old scripts or something else that another person posted, because there are lots of interesting things !

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessS View Post
AKA,

Never Twice the Same Color,
or
No True Skin Colors

Also, PAL,

Peace At Last,
Perfection At Last
Pictures Always Lovely.

Wikipedia, 2/3 way down page:- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTSC
Do you prefer PAL ?