View Single Post
Old 2nd April 2018, 21:33   #3  |  Link
`Orum

v0.02

New release, with numerous bug fixes. Full changelog:
Code:
v0.02
----------------
Speed: OpenCL is now used for metric calculation, allowing for multi-threading on a CPU or using
  a GPU instead
Speed: All frames read during cache generation are now cached on the OpenCL device so they are
  only requested once from AviSynth
Added: New function "DS_dumpocl()" to list OpenCL platforms and devices with index
Param: Added parameters 'oclpi' and 'ocldi'
Param: Default 'cdepth' changed from 2 to 5
Param: Maximum value of 'cdepth' changed from 10 to 250
Param: dsstats.pl now features additional parameters; run "dsstats.pl -h" for information
Fixed: SSD metrics could be incorrect (lower than they should be) for 16-bit video
Fixed: Cache depth promotion was not working in some cases (affected ifmcm modes 1 & 2)
Fixed: Frame type cache was leaking a small amount of memory
Fixed: Cache was delivering incorrect frame deltas when within a radius of 'cdepth' of the final
  video frame, sometimes reading outside of buffer memory (undefined values)
Fixed: Cache had incorrect frame types when cdepth > 1
Other: Documentation updated regarding when 'ptp' should be disabled, and detailed new concerns
  regarding device memory usage during cache generation
Other: dsstats.pl now validates cache version
Other: Minor refactoring
It's also a little bit faster than the previous release when it comes to generating metrics:

Finally, if you're willing to test, please let me know if you get the same cache file data between the previous release and the current one, keeping the following in mind:
  • Set 'cdepth' to the same value on each release to make the comparison easier. Note that the default value of this parameter has changed.
  • Comparisons should be done with the dsstats.pl from v0.02 using metric-only dumping (-m). Redirect the output from each release to a csv file (e.g. "dsstats.pl -m -s v0.01.dsd > v0.01.csv") and see if they are identical for both releases.
  • Alternatively, if you don't want to install perl, either use a source filter other than FFVideoSource() or set cdepth=1 and compare the files directly (e.g. via a hashing algorithm or a bit-for-bit comparison)
  • 16-bit comparisons between v0.01 and v0.02 aren't valid, as v0.01 would generate incorrect metric results for 16-bit video in some circumstances. All other supported depths shouldn't have the problem.
I'm particularly interested to know if the results match between the two if you generate the cache on v0.02 using an AMD GPU. I have not tested DupStep with an AMD GPU as I don't have access to one at the moment.

Last edited by `Orum; 2nd April 2018 at 23:35.
`Orum is offline   Reply With Quote