View Single Post
Old 9th September 2006, 23:19   #470  |  Link
Sinistral

Hey ai4spam,

First off, thank you for the continueing work on SubRip. It's an amazing program.

Unforunately, I have two problems.

1: When some subs are ripped in SubRip 1.50b3, SubRip warns me that the timing is negative and that it might need a delay. However, most of the times all the timings in the sub turn negative and the sub is unusable (unless you know a way to positivate them).

I remembered seeing something about negative timings in one of your changelogs and I saw that SubRip 1.40b2 was the first to support negative timestamps. So I downloaded SubRip 1.40b1 and ripped the subs with negative timestamps, and most of them came out okay. So I thought you should delete the support for negative timestamps.

However some subs with negative timestamps, come out mostly okay, when ripped with 1.50b3, but when ripped with 1.40b1, they are f*cked (the timings are all wrong). So I thought it might be nice to have an option in which you can choose wether to ignore the negative timestamps, or to use them.

2: I've ripped a lot of subs with your program but I never came accros one I couldn't rip, until now. SubRip 1.50b3 only detects the top part of characters of this subtitle, but they're to small parts to make out what character it is. When I use the sub with a movie however, the subtitle is displayed fine. If you want the subtitle, you can download it here: http://rapidshare.de/files/32553152/Movie.rar

These are not very important things, so if you don't have the time to fix it, it doesn't matter too much. It has to stay fun for you too

Anyway, thanks in advance for reading!
Sinistral is offline   Reply With Quote