View Single Post
Old 9th January 2006, 00:52   #405  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

LimitedSupport, 9 January 2006

LimitedSupport, 9 January 2006

All filters have been modified to take an extra argument chroma. chroma can either be be a clip (in which case the chroma of that clip is copied) or one of the following strings:
"ignore"
"process"
"copy first"
"copy second"
"copy third"

The default mode is "ignore". "Copy first", etc. are just for convenience; obviously, you can just repeat the relevant argument. (These strings are case insensitive, so you can also use e.g. "PROCESS".)

I'll edit in a proper summary of the functions tomorrow, but just as a recap:

SimpleAverage(clip, clip, chroma)
MakeDiff(clip, clip, chroma)
AddDiff(clip, clip, chroma)
SubtractDiff(clip, clip, chroma)
Clamp(clip, clip bright_limit, clip dark_limit, int overshoot, int undershoot, chroma)
Prewitt(clip, float multiplier, chroma)

If you pass in clips whose length differs, the output is not guaranteed to be sensible beyond the length of the shortest clip.

*This really hasn't been tested much yet*...

Quote:
If it's not too much trouble, then could you create a version with xDiff(o,d,[1/2/3/4]) where the last parameter are similar to the y/u/v parameters to masktools, but always for chroma? (1=>trash, 2=>copy first, 3=>execute, 4=>copy second) Then at least we have something to test out, even if it isn't perfect at first.
Foxyshadis, I wasn't sure whether you were asking for a quick rough version with the functionality (which you've now got) or for this particular syntax. I'm not a fan of mode = 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,... arguments. But if you reaaalllly want it (or Didée does), I can add it.

Edit:
I noticed in other threads (which I'm not going to dig out now) that people are citing issues with LimitedSharpenFaster. If you do run into something like this, please try the earlier versions -- both Didée's versions and Socio's modification for MaskTools 2.0; this will pin down which change is responsible for the issue, *and then we can fix it*.

Last edited by mg262; 9th January 2006 at 02:01.
mg262 is offline   Reply With Quote