View Single Post
Old 8th January 2006, 10:20   #403  |  Link
mg262
Clouded

BUG fixed: the right-hand side of AddDiff wasn't working correctly. Thank you for spotting it, foxyshadis! (I really hope this wasn't causing you headaches yet, Didée.)

LimitedSupport, 8 January 2006

The source is also uploaded if anyone feels like checking it.

Quote:
However, if some of the "support" filters could work on chroma too, it would help indeed. (Top ranking: the "difference" filters.)
Doing this should be fairly straightforward. So... why haven't I done it yet ? Because I'm nervous about breaking things. I do test things for quite a while... but in this case, where these things are going to be put to an important use (and where they are replacing something that clearly works), I'd feel better if a couple of you would test them before Didée uses them.

It isn't technically difficult -- you get two one-line commands, like

yv12lutxy(o,d, "x y 128 - +")

adddiff(o,d)

and you need to check that they have the same output whatever the input clips o and d are. [For example, like this...
a=yv12lutxy(o,d, "x y 128 - +").GreyScale()
b=adddiff(o,d).GreyScale()
suBTRACT(a,b)
]
It isn't technically difficult... the important thing is to try on a wide range of clips. So this is a great opportunity for the average reader to prove helpful .