View Single Post
Old 24th April 2002, 09:19   #34  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally posted by ingoralfblum

If you look at the source that I pointed to already several times you see how this can be done. For the lazy here's the link:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/v...viewcvs-markup

Try a look at the ReaderFilter::detectType() method.

I know, that my code lacks a good design, but is this single method really that difficult? Perhaps you should ask Steve (robux4), if he can help. He should be already familiar with my naming convention.
You probably want to read the part about how to register custom file types in the SDK first. There you see, that you can do it either by content or by extension and the method in the filter simply checks the content, based on the registry, first and if nothing matches it tries the extension.

Another question: Why do you name all files with the .dat extension?

Regards,

Ingo
ingo, you are right. i didn't look at the code, although i could have, few days ago, as you noted.

i guess i should take the blame on me for beeing 'lazy'. and yes, i did start reading the sdk about registration and association yesterday, before i saw your post. i downloaded a hex editor and checked the content of different media files (to find that .avi i.e. is a riff file that can be recognized by it's riff type). so now i know we have riff (avi file) inside a riff (cdxa file). i was just excited that it worked, that i wanted further info to improve it. i started to look at the documentation as soon as i posted my question. either i will find the answer, or someone with more experience help me. thanx for your links.

regarding the files with .dat extention. well, i didn't make the imaging application (i think de_xt modified it from vcdimager or something), so it's based on s/vcd imaging applications, and it generates all the files as .DAT. i did a quick search through the code and couldn't find 'AVSEQ', so i figured the name is automatically generated by windoes when it mounts a m2f2 cd. i was just called for help with specific problem (non-existant dshow parser for this format) and that's what i started to work on. i didn't go to it's roots, bacause it seemed working and because i don't have too much knoledge of cd formats.

regarding open_source/audio/video 'community', well, u can't ignore the fact that one exists. for open source, well, i guess some do it for the fame, but some do it as a personal challange. no doubt some do it for both. i wouldn't mind getting some fame on the way, but it's not the purpose of my programming. i like the CHALANGE and i like the usable result and it's just FUN for me. i think many would agree with that way of thinking.

i came to this forum just couple of months ago, because i needed help. now i sometimes help others. before some months ago i've never done any video coding/postprocessing/editing/anything else, not as a user and not as a programmer. now i know what colorspaces are, what interlacing is and what dshow is and much more. i could have learned it all from reading manuals and web pages, but u just can't compare it to human feedback. that's the community.

i do hope you'll stay around, and code for your pleasure, and that others will be able to enjoy your work.

best regards
avi.

Last edited by avih; 24th April 2002 at 09:57.
avih is offline   Reply With Quote