View Single Post
Old 28th March 2018, 13:10   #49900  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
ok let's see that this happen with MPDN with 3d11?

this alone is resason enough that it is NOT a madVR problem.

edit: ahh yeah the AMD forum is not there to report GPU driver bugs it is there to get help from other >user< NOT from AMD.

its a difficult one this, the fact that other renderers can process colour correctly at the same resolution, refresh rate and TV mode suggest that MADVR is getting tripped up somewhere by something, not that there is a fault somewhere in a GPU driver, surely if that were the case they'd all get tripped up.

Obviously MADVR is doing things differently to other renderers but this is the reason why you call it a bug with MADVR and not with the AMD gpu driver, they wont wirte their drivers to work with MADVR, surely its up to MADSHI to write MADVR to work with their drivers. AMD's response if the was one would likely be what is MADVR doing that all other renderers are not?

I've got a workaround that works for now, not a fan of workarounds as a like a simple setup but MADSHI is busy and i'm already eternally grateful for all the work he's already done so it wouldnt be fair to put further pressure on him.

if this doesnt get fixed its not the end of the world but I'd still like it to be acknowledged as a bug with MADVR and not with the GPU driver.

However, if MADSHI does nothing at all with this but still continues to develop MADVR i'll be happy enough with that.
mclingo is offline   Reply With Quote