Thread: Local Deflicker
View Single Post
Old 27th February 2011, 21:47   #17  |  Link
prokhozhijj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyris View Post
Thanks for the latest update. Do we have any better way to remove the banding other than throwing grain into the affected areas? This is not good for compression.

It still also creates artefacting which almost makes the film look like it is water damaged... it's frustrating because other than these two issues, it makes a huge improvement.
I've implemented the first found solution for debanding. I'll try to find something else. But it'll take some time. Maybe someone from Avisynth gurus can help. I am just newbie.

EDIT1: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...18#post1386418 in this post some expert says you can not get a clear video without banding. I am just blur a frame (screen variable) before deflickering it. So that is the reason of banding. Please try to move GradFun2DBmod(thr=1.5,mask=true,mode=3,temp=100,str=4,adapt=-1,radius=3,range=150) from screenTS to screen in LocalDeflicker. And also try to play with "range" and "mode" parameters. Maybe it helps. I've not changed my mind to find a better solution. But I am not sure if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyris View Post
Can you tell me, is there any way to use an effective single-frame (Global) deflicker? I've tried running GlobalDeflicker on its own but it doesn't do a lot of good. For some reason, #ing out the LocalDeflicker part of the "DeDeeDeflicker" function makes the flicker worse.
Deflicker consists from two parts. Global - for the whole frame, it prepares frame for the following part of deflicker, i.e. local. Local deflicker tries to allign luma in different parts of frame. But for the good results it is needed that global luma has been aligned properly.

Of course you can use something else instead of GlobalDeflicker function. I've tried all deflickers I could find. But Didée's deflicker was one of the best in this area. So I've used it in my Deflicker.

Last edited by prokhozhijj; 28th February 2011 at 11:09.
prokhozhijj is offline   Reply With Quote