View Single Post
Old 7th September 2010, 17:59   #16  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuukunen View Post
I don't see the point of harassing people for supposedly legal reasons when there are none.
1. I don't consider a polite inquiry to be harrassment, especially given that the user has agreed to follow the forum rules.

2. The purpose of the inquiry is to *establish* whether there are in fact any reasons for concern. It's a judgment call by the mod about whether the red flags raised by the poster justify any inquiry or other action. As I said, if the material is legit, then the poster should not object to a polite inquiry. A polite inquiry is not harrassment. As a beneficial side effect, the poster (and others) can learn from the interaction about how to present sufficient information so that the legitimacy of the material is clear. Finally, a history of such interactions can be useful if Doom9 is ever sued to show that we actively police against illegitimate activities (or to reassure potential litigants). Doom9 has a clean reputation regarding illegitimate activities; do you think that would be so if it was not actively policed?

[Speaking for myself here and not Doom9 or any other mods.]

Last edited by Guest; 7th September 2010 at 22:26.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote