View Single Post
Old 8th May 2005, 09:52   #35  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

Beta 11 is available now. Tons of bugfixes and improvements, including some of the things requested here.
Video file support is about as fast and as good as I can make it. Of course, additional heuristics are possible, but I probably won't be implementing them (no time ). I'll only deal with bug reports and some features that I think are worth implementing, but I'll be happy to explain what I did if someone wants to continue.
It still misses some subtitles sometimes, in very hard cases (like, a sub disappears, and the very next frame, everything is white where the subtitles were). This doesn't happen very often (2 times in the movie I tested). When it does happen, stop processing, go to the first frame of the subtitle and play with the settings until it looks just right. That solved the problem in my case.
It seems to confuse a lot italics and regular characters, so just make everything regular if possible, otherwise you'll need to crank up the OCR sensitivity and pretty much end up typing the whole subtitle.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote