View Single Post
Old 21st February 2020, 18:10   #58742  |  Link
mclingo

Hiya, this is the same as everything we buy really, the more your spend and the more time you have to set things up the better it will be, however with something like PQ this is so subjective it can often render the calibration process meaningless to most people. And I'm not just talking about people who turn their TV on, dont change any settings and think it looks great, my mates got his OLED calibrated and to my eye it looks no better than mine.

I think you are in a ludicrously tiny minority here what you appear to require an insanely anal level of accuracy which if were compared side by side to fairly high end TV uncalibrated like the recent panny's or 2019 LG OLEDs you'd see little difference, or the difference would not justify the time and money spent to close the gap.

This isnt too say I dont agree with everything you're saying and there is nothing wrong at all with aspiring to get the best out of your equipment, its just the way your are communicating this I cant agree with where you are essentially saying we're all watching TV's like look like sh*t.