View Single Post
Old 12th October 2011, 20:33   #10078  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
The projector is calibrated for sure. I payed a lot of money for this and the best of the five oficially ISF clibration professionals here in Holland did the 2 hour calibration.
Do note that “calibrated” isn't necessarily better than “profiled”. In general, even the reverse is true - since with a proper profile you have far more flexibility than with a static calibration. Even if you calibrate, you still want to profile for best results.

Quote:
I can ask for the calibration report with the company. I ll do that and report back with the info I will get from them.
Would be perfect.

Quote:
The professional that gave my JVC RS25 the calibration set a lot of things to custom in the projector so I m not using one of the standard profiles. He also told me the THX mode is ok but far from perfect.
He's right in saying that.

Quote:
Can you maybe tell me the specific questions I will need to ask the person who ISF calibrated my JVC RS25?
Okay:

1. Which set of exact primaries is it calibrated to? (I assume the white point is D65)
2. Which exact gamma curve is it calibrated to?
3. Is an ICC profile available for the exact calibration result, or is it perfect enough for this to be negligible?

Last edited by nand chan; 12th October 2011 at 20:37.
nand chan is offline   Reply With Quote