View Single Post
Old 18th July 2017, 07:59   #1367  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpius666 View Post
Haven't you thought about writing your own SUP parser inside BD3D2MK3D? It's very simple, and I posted a link some posts ago with the format specifications.
Oh, well, perhaps I'll do it, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel. BD3D2MK3D is essentially a GUI, and it uses already a lot of free tools, including BDSup2Sub. Why should I replace it with my own code and not, say, tsMuxeR, Mkvmerge, FRIMSource or x264, also necessary?
But I agree that currently, the conversion to 3D is slow and may be faster if I write the parsing combined with the conversion to 3D myself. However, I'm not sure it is worth doing it. The 3D is slowly dying, BD3D2MK3D is mature and stable, and I don't have the intention to modify it deeply any more.

But perhaps YOU are interested in adding the conversion to 3D inside BDSup2Sub ? If it's the case, I can help you. I know how the images must be combined, how to retrieve the 3D offsets from the so called 3D-Planes (or from the SEI messages of the MVC video stream), and the resize of the bitmaps is already present in BDSup2Sub. IMO, that could be a valuable addition to BDSup2Sub, as currently, as far as I know, there is no subtitle editor or converter that is able to convert the subtitles to 3D, at least with the correct 3D offsets from the original BD. If you're interested, just let me know...

Last edited by r0lZ; 18th July 2017 at 08:05.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote