View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2011, 20:52   #1147  |  Link
CruNcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
You get 24.27 fps on a 29.97 movie, and you call that exact frame rate?

The file is really tricky though. It seems to have its interlacing or telecine completely screwed up, EVR doesnt manage to deinterlace it properly.
Yes i know but the tree pan is smooth and it still seems sync (and it goes more towards 25 fps even might be indicating that it was actually recorded @ 25 fps from the start, nothing uncommon to use a 25 fps cam and later convert to 24 or then because of broadcasting to 29) i made a video of it but it's not as smooth as in reality on screen (recording overhead)

But im surprised that i dont get smooth results with the MS DTV-Decoder and DXVA CPU utilization is much lower @ arround 4% but the smoothness is more bad compared to the 10% Cpu Utilization LAV Video needs for this but absolute smooth on the 4 I-5 Cores and Power Consumption isn't that much higher i would have expected even higher latency because of the multithreading but Win7 seems to be very efficient here compared to XP also the Power Config (Balanced) doesn't interfere in anyway Performance wise

@nev
it seems the smoothnes on EVR (normal) compared to EVR Custom comes from the Interlace Flag sending in Lav Video turning it on on EVR causes problems for the tree scene turning it off results in that 24.xx smooth playback though on Evr custom you have to turn it on again and then it fails with smooth playback resulting in some 39.xx fps It's interesting on EVR you dont seem to need to send anything it will get correctly deinterlaced and telecined by the hardware regardless. EVR custom seems to lose that ability currently this could maybe also explain the behavior on my sample.ts (which is also telecined it seems)

Also my major guess is you see those 24.xx fps on EVR because Intels Hardware is doing some good adaptive work here

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 2nd September 2011 at 23:40.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote