View Single Post
Old 9th January 2004, 09:24   #55  |  Link
karl_lillevold

RadicalEd: thanks for all the problem reports! I will forward the documentation errors to the right person, as you can imagine the Producer team has been swamped getting this release ready, and there are a few areas in need of polishing. I will fix the DLL version info myself.

maxBitrate is a doc error.

That line in the list of AAC codec flavors should be deleted. I found that one myself earlier today.

Max Startup Latency should be 4-60, but there is a bug in the GUI that prevents anything above 25. No problem in the cmd line producer though.

phrentec: any player that will support AAC should work. Extracting AAC from the .ra files is no problem, if that's what it takes. The main reason they are currently written out as RM files is that this is what is supported throughout our system, and working out all the quirks with another fileformat takes some time. RealPlayer 10 Gold will most likely rip directly to AAC.

(toaster PC : very nice, but mine overheats a little too easy when encoding. Then it gets very noisy with its small power supply fan)