View Single Post
Old 25th December 2002, 03:28   #44  |  Link
midiguy

yes, unfortuantely, MPC has the post-processing built in as well. to make a correction to my earlier post, I beleive that it is the real video DECODER doing the post-processing, and not the real player. I think the post-processing is built into the decoder itself. I know that the actual file has NO pre-processing built into it, so the blrryness you see has to be coming from the decoder or player. I tihnk it would be coming from the decoder because the blurryness even exists when you play your file with MPC (so that counts real player out). but I think that the post-processing is disabled or is very light if your clip was encoded at a high bitrate. I've only seen this "blurryness" only SOMETIMES with low bitrate encodes usually less than 600 kbits. and once again, I've heard that in the next version, you will be able to control the post-processing,. and not only that, the API is coming out soon I beleive. once it is out, developers should esaily be able to make something to control the post-processing levels of the decoder. other things that could be possible would be to be able to import real media files in, say, virtualdub, or possibly even encode right out of virtualdub or a similar editor. good things are coming!
midiguy is offline   Reply With Quote