View Single Post
Old 15th November 2011, 16:19   #227  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6233638 View Post
It's not dynamic contrast, it's local dimming.

Dynamic contrast simply dims the whole screen with low APL images, and brightens it with high APL images.

LED local-dimming combines both the LC panel and backlight zones to greatly expand the dynamic range of the display. (improving black levels and shadow detail without changing the image)
I was under the impression that “dynamic contrast” is an over-arching term for any sort of technology in which the static contrast ratio is improved by adjusting the backlight in any way.

Quote:
Spectros can have issues with low light, but I have no issues using CalMAN measuring the kind of levels that are showing big errors in the greyscale.

I didn't get a chance to try calibrating things again. I think what I'm going to do next time is use it as a contact meter (on the screen rather than on a tripod) which I would prefer not to do, and then disable backlight scanning during the calibration which increases the light output from the display significantly, without introducing any colour shifts and should help with readings at lower light levels.
Well, if the measured black level is very low, then I don't see why black detail would be removed when using LittleCMS. Have you tried my suggestion regardless? How large is your measured black and white level?