View Single Post
Old 4th January 2005, 08:24   #19  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

@superdump: I compiled it using the Visual C# Express CTP build from October. I'm afraid it comes with a different .NET runtime that you can download (I've not found it for download). So what I'll do is compile again with the beta1 IDE, that should fix the problem. I'm just hoping that once .NET 2 gets out of beta we can get beyond such petty issues (that I've never had before with .NET.. stuff compiled with 1.1SP1 works just fine in 1.1 and even 1.0 if you take care of the little differences there are between the 1.1 and 1.0 release).

Anyway, I'll let you know when the beta1 compatible build is up.

As far as mono goes, once they incorporate Windows.Forms 2.0.. they now support Windows.Forms 1.1 (still limited though).. I wouldn't expect anything to run before Mono 2.0, but eventually the GUI should run under Mono regardless of the platform. Though by then I hope somebody has written a better GUI, it's really simplistic.

Now if somebody has me a reference documentat that explains all snow configuration parameters, their allowable and default values, I might be able to add snow support as well.