View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2004, 01:10   #80  |  Link
tritical

Yes, that would be possible, but one of the reasons for doing it two-pass was one of the options for 30p detection is a minimum # of consecutive cycles detected as 30p. That number can be anything while in actual processing only 1 or 3 cycles at maximum is tracked depending on the current mode. If the # is not greater then the currently tracked cycles then your idea for one-pass processing would work. The other option would be to process through the entire video on load as in the decombvfr mod, however I would prefer not to do it that way.

Currently what I had planned for two-pass hybrid processing was you run TFM with the output option enabled and TDecimate in metrics only mode with output enabled for the first pass (and don't use any filters after tdecimate so things run pretty fast), and then on a second pass TFM uses it output file and TDecimate analyzes TFMs output file and the metrics file, does all the processing of the entire video on load from that (which takes only a second or two) and then just makes a lookup table of the frames to deliver. However, I know messing with text files and doing two-passes is not preferable. Though to accomplish some of the options having access to all metrics and matches for the entire clip is needed, which means processing through the entire file on load would be required for a one pass solution.

Like I said above though, your one-pass solution would be possible w/o processing the entire clip if the # of consective cycles option was required to be 2 or 1. Would that work for you?
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote