View Single Post
Old 31st August 2005, 16:32   #73  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51
From a52 doc:
"Valid values are 1–31. The value of 0 is reserved. The values of 1 to 31 are interpreted as -1 dB to -31 dB with respect to digital 100 percent. If the reserved value of 0 is received, the decoder shall use –31 dB. The value of dialnorm shall affect the sound reproduction level."

There are other errors in Soft Encode help:
CodeMode 1 to 8 (1/0 to 3/2)
may be:
CodeMode 0 to 7 (Ch1 + Ch2, 1/0 to 3/2)
From a52 doc:
"If acmod is 0, then two completely independent program channels (dual mono) are encoded into the bit stream, and are referenced as Ch1, Ch2."

And:
MixLevel 0 to 32 must be 0 to 31 (5 bits field, max 31)

The settings not captured in your Configuration window, taken the default values (not the actual settings in Soft Encode):
BSMode=0 (Complete Main)
CopyRight=1 (set)
Original=1 (set)
RoomType=2 (Small Room, flat monitor)
MixLevel=105 (dB SPL)

I'm sure, after many, many test, but you are free to believe me.
May be others users can test this, and post any confirmation.

Another test using 0/1 instead Off/On don't work, the parameter are ignored and use the default.
I believe you, i dont really need confirmation. The problem is that i used the manual of sonic as a reference (i thought that someone who can make an encoder surely can make a proper manual), and as you mentioned, it has a couple off errors. I know i dont support all settings (like copyright) but i thought i supported the most important ones.
Anyway, im thinking about dont using that .ini file anymore and use something else. I cant seem to verify all the settings reliable , and seeing there are already enough issues with it, im hoping i can use an other method to transport the settings into sonic.

Quote:
uploaded
John, can plz check the programlist, I think it must be outdated?!?
If you mean that thing we talked about earlier (version checking), it slipped my mind .

Last edited by johnman; 31st August 2005 at 16:44.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote