View Single Post
Old 31st August 2005, 12:47   #66  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebasuna51
This post is for Jonhman and all users of Command Line Operation of Sonic Foundry Soft Encode (used for WaveWizard).

This mode uses a Parameters.ini to set all options of the encoder (defined in an Appendix on the Soft Encode help).
All parameters with numerical value runs ok, but all parameters On/Off works on the contrary. For instance:

-UseLFE=Off -> insert the LFE channel in the ac3 (like I say in previous post).
-Deemphasis=Off -> use the filter and high frequencies are attenuated.
-DCfilter=On -> don't use the filter DC.
-TimeStamp=Off -> use the frame type SMPTE (16 bytes before the normal header). Played ok, but rejected from GraphEdit and DVD Authoring software. (default in WaveWizard).
-NonIntel=On -> make a file with Intel byte order rejected always (frame type Intel). If present TimeStamp=Off, frame type SMPTE override frame Intel.

The only parameter don't tested is BandWidthFilter (I don't know how), all others are verified.

I use v1.0 (build 19) of Sonic Foundry Soft Encode.

I think the option to invert the flags must be general not only for UseLFE. (Soft Encode, not Surcode).

A final note for Jonhman: when I set -20 in Dialog Normalization (Configuration of Soft Encode) you put DlgNorm=19 in ini file and must be 20.
Thx for the bugreport. Ill release a new version later today, which will fix these problems.

EDIT: te Dialog Normalization is correct if i interpret the manual correctly :
Quote:
DlgNorm 0 to 31 (-1 dB to -32 dB)
But taken into account all the ON's that should be OFF's and reverse, im not to sure about this either .

Last edited by johnman; 31st August 2005 at 14:13.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote