View Single Post
Old 17th August 2005, 12:42   #64  |  Link
johnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphy
Hi Johnman,

I played a little with ww these days. The possibiltlies are exciting!
I also played with the interface to surcode. One tiny bug always accured see screenshot:

evertime I pressed convert I run into this error, after closing the ConversationBatcher manually and again pressing the convert button everything went fine
You dont have to close it, pressing convert again also works. The problem is that ww starts cb and then waits 100 msec to see if it really started. If it didnt, it gives the error. I also noticed 100msec is to short. When windows has to read the file from the disk it often takes more then 100 msec. After starting it once, windows caches it (i think) and then 100msec does work. Ill fix this for the next release.

Quote:
As you mentioned in your last posting - I would suggest to add a routine which sets (if necessary for the encoder) the output automatically to mono files.
I thought about this, but should ww also set the sample rate correct when its wrong, and the sampletype? I dont think it would be a good idea to do to much automaticaly, since the setting for cb might be wrong itself, and not the preferences.

Quote:
Next thing which makes me wonder: I did a DTS-WAV but the file ended up with a DTS extention - file itself was correct, only the the extension has to be renamed.
I guess that is because of the source file has the same name 123.WAV (PCM 6 channel) => 123.DTS (DTSWAV) should be a WAV means two times the same file name in one folder - thats not possible!
What do you thing about a ww prefix or something like: 123(DTSWAV-16-44.1).WAV?
I never thought about this . Cb just adds .dts since it is dts (or dts-wav).
ill change it for the next release. And its not a problem when the file already axcists. It just adds a (1) to the end of the file, just like ww. If everything is correect, ww and cb never overwrites any file.

Quote:
Another question - I played around with some CUE sheet tools these days - is it possible to add some functions of them in ww, too? This is a general question, I guess we could collect some ideas what CUE function would be nice to add here on the board later
thatīs it folks
Well i havent ever used it myself, but from what i know about it, its pretty simple. Ill look into this.

Thx for all the suggestions and bug report's daphy. I'll fix them asap.

EDIT: I fixed this stuff, but since i dont regard the mentioned bugs as critical, i wont release a nre ww it immediately.

Last edited by johnman; 28th August 2005 at 02:08.
johnman is offline   Reply With Quote