View Single Post
Old 16th August 2018, 22:59   #314  |  Link
richy

Right, nalor - hopefully posting this in the right place now!

I just wanted to say that FindVUK is really useful and say a big thank you for its continued development. I've been using it for quite a while but have been re-testing some older discs along with some new ones over the last week or so. I had a few issues with v1.14 whereby it'd work the first time with Passkey and then I had to restart Windows every single time to get it working again. Switched to DVDFab 9.2.2.4 for older titles and it works fine but obviously I'm limited to MKBv50-something discs and no later. Passkey obviously gets the unit keys if I use that instead but I'm trying to get a full set of all the keys where possible.

I also found that v1.14 would report either zero values or incorrect values for the media key and volume ID and then produce an error message saying that the VUK it calculated didn't match the expected value. Since I already had some of these values in my keydb.cfg file I soon realised that it was deleting that info from the entries as v1.14 said it couldn't verify them properly. I then re-did the discs with 1.10 and it added the information back in.

I need to do some more testing with v1.15 really since that's now the latest version but the first disc I tried *seemed* to be doing the same thing. I'll do some more tests before posting anything else as it may just be me feeling too tired at the moment... I did post half of this in the wrong thread earlier after all!
richy is offline   Reply With Quote