View Single Post
Old 10th July 2015, 23:33   #205  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
Yes, it does beat FF3DFilter! It also alters x264.exe encoding results as it gave me 41.8mb instead of 53.2mb without changing anything else, but it lost too much details in encoding. I'm trying again with higher encoding settings to compensate.
Oh my, this is so wrong on so many levels...
First of all, you did not tell us what settings you used for the de-noisers. Secondly, you're comparing apples and oranges, the algorithms of these 2 are very different. The difference in size of your encodes just means that KNLMeans (with the settings you used which we don't know) removed more noise and therefore details.
Using "higher encoding settings" will not bring back details lost with excessive de-noising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
Question. For dual-graphics computer, to make sure it runs on the Radeon, if I'm running AVSMeter in a CMD shell, which application do I have to configure as "high performance", CMD or AVSMeter?
No idea what "configure as high performance" means. You select the device with the KNLMeans "device_type" parameter. You can test it by using the "info = true" parameter.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 10th July 2015 at 23:36.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote