View Single Post
Old 25th March 2016, 19:08   #5  |  Link
Seedmanc

Sparktank, yeah I remember that thread about video footprint, I recall I was trying to do a similar thing in runtime, but it ground to a halt as it progressed further into video, haha. As for the lighter color thing with SW, does it have any practical uses, or it's just an effect? I reckon, you can't recover two streams once you mixed them this way, or can you? I wonder if there was a way to mux several video streams into one without increasing size or framecount, with the ability to demux them after compression (perhaps lossily). Increasing density, so to say.
nh1024, I need to increase speed of my scripts, this has nothing to do with frame interpolation. If only there was a way to make Avisynth store entire videostream in memory, perhaps that would have made it faster.

Speaking about colors and dimensions, I remember doing sort of image recognition through combination of masks. I was able to detect eyes on the picture with a good enough success rate.
In short, I profiled the eye image, then limited first in the brightness domain with mt_binarize, then in the frequency one with mt_edge and finally in colors with MaskHS.
Combined masks provided decent detection rate:

if not for some false positives. Still I think it was pretty cool for just a bunch of masks in Avisynth, given how you would usually require neural networks for image recognition.
Full article with scripts, if you're interested.
Seedmanc is offline   Reply With Quote