View Single Post
Old 8th January 2004, 02:26   #28  |  Link
karl_lillevold

some more answers:

@S_O: Audience specs with codecs and flavors on hc.org
The hc.org audience spreadsheet has not yet been updated. Included with RealProducer in the docs folder are HTML docs with a table with all the latest codecs, including AAC (raac).
Code:
 64 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10  	raac  	0  44.1 kHz 
 96 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	1  44.1 kHz 
128 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	2  44.1 kHz 
160 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	3  44.1 kHz 
192 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	4  44.1 kHz 
256 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	5  44.1 kHz 
320 Kbps Stereo Music - RealAudio 10 	raac 	6  44.1 kHz
Multi-channel AAC encoding vs playback
There is no multi-channel AAC encoding. Multi-channel playback? Perhaps.. If not I will file a bug report. Let me know. I don't have any multi-channel .aac files to try.

Improved error messages in RealPlayer
Good advice. RealPlayer's dreaded "A general error has occurred" has bugged me many a time.

AAC playback at 48 kHz
The AAC decoder should play all sample rates. I have no test clips for 48 kHz though. If you have a location where I can get both 48 kHz and multi-channel AAC files, I will be happy to test and file bug reports for whatever does not work.

Vorbis support in RealPlayer
This does not appear to work. It is for sure included with the open source Helix Player though.

RealVideo 10 FourCC code
RealVideo 10, being fully backward compatible, still has FourCC 'RV40'.

@Blight: Codec or playback
Good question, much bigger than I can answer. Certainly not codec only, but there is the codec aspect (See http://www.helixcommunity.org/realcodecs ). There is work going on to better document and make available the codec interfaces. Not sure about ETA.

@RadicalEd: MSL capped at 25 in GUI and missing RA Lossless in menus.
Thanks for finding these bugs. They have been filed and will be fixed.

@Wilbert: Playback of iTMS purchased songs
I can not imagine there being a backdoor.

@slavickas: Does registry tweaks works with new basic producer ? and what is complexity for 1rst pass?
Yes, registry tweaks all work, but with RealVideo 10 being selected as the codec, the only complexity related setting that's needed, is the firstPassComplexity setting, since the current default is to use the same complexity in both passes. When RealVideo 10 is selected as the codec, this corresponds to RV9-EHQ at complexity level 85.

@Sirber: HE-AAC encoding in Producer
The HE-AAC DLL (racp.dll), with codec name 'racp', is not distributed with the Producer Application for licensing reasons, but it is included with the Producer SDK.