View Single Post
Old 1st September 2010, 19:36   #222  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blight View Post
Hi,
This is quite important, can you please expose the same sub-types as other existing filters?

For example, after registering the filter, trying to play an AVI file with XVID video and MP3 audio fails using the standard microsoft AVI splitter as the "file source (async)" filter exposes a different sub-type.
This behavior breaks compatibility with players that rely on the filter's sub-type to identify media formats and breaks support for existing filters that rely on these sub-types for the same purpose.
LAVFSplitter is not a replacement for "file source (async)", its a replacement for the AVI Splitter. The big difference being that AVI Splitter relys on the file source to get data, while LAVFSplitter directly reads the files. This is currently required for libavformat to do its magic.

Obviously, trying to use another splitter on top of this will fail.

If a player relys on detecing the subtype of the data being send between source and splitter to detect file type .. well, what a sucky player. Can't help you there right now.
When i get bored some time, i might add the possibility to use a different file source to feed the splitter part, but me being bored, like thats going to happen.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 2nd September 2010 at 06:41.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote