View Single Post
Old 18th November 2014, 10:58   #58  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orf View Post
1) Is there any specific reason it didn't accept compiled shaders (only the source) ?
Hmmmm... Good question. IIRC, when I implemented that interface, MPC-HC was the only media player with custom shader support, so I implemented an interface which was easy to integrate for the MPC-HC devs. When I rewrite/extend the shader support in a future version (not too far away, I hope), I'll most probably also support compiled shaders.

Quote:
2) What is the best point during graph building to initially set the shaders ?
3) Can it handle clearing and re-adding a ps chain when graph is running or paused ?
From the top of my head you can change the shaders at any time you want. Doing so results in madVR having to eventually clear the rendering queue and re-render frames, but that's not a problem, really. It might just cause a minor stutter in the moment when you change the shaders. An ideal time to set the shaders should be after building the graph and connecting the pins, but before starting/pausing the graph.

Quote:
Also, I'm planning a DB structure to store shader-related data and I'm trying to make it universal (to use with madVR at first and use it for may own needs later), wanna take part in discussion of it?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Can you elaborate?
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote