View Single Post
Old 16th September 2007, 11:45   #165  |  Link
filmfan9

Please help me!

Hiya! I’m new to the forums so please be gentle!

I came across PgcEdit the other day and I think it’s a brilliant program! I love it! I have loads of trouble burning Double Layer DVDs but I’ve been able to do some back-ups of my original DVDs successfully with PgcEdit. Great stuff!

I am having some problems though making back-ups of my CSI SEASON 7 and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 3 (UK Region 2, PAL) DVDs. I’m using a NEC +-RW ND-3530A DL Drive with the latest Firmware installed. I’m really new to PgcEdit so I don’t really know what I’m doing.

I opened up the ‘CSI SEASON 7 DISC 2’ VIDEO_TS folder on my PC in PgcEdit and it scans for BOVs. Do I have to do anything if it finds any buttons or not because I don’t know what to do? At the moment I’m just closing the window if it finds any buttons or not. I then select the ‘Burn’ option and it then shows the page with the Layer Breaks. I just select the one that PgcEdit has automatically selected because I figured that would probably be the best layer break position. It then successfully creates the ISO image and burns it at 2.4x speed using ImgBurn. The burned DVD plays in my standalone Philips DVP 630 DVD player but it only plays the first 3 episodes on the disc. When I select the fourth episode from the menu the screen goes black and the discs freezes. It seems to me as if it can’t find the last episode. The same happens with my BATTLESTAR GALACTICA SEASON 3 DVDs, it doesn’t play the last episode on the burned DVDs either. It plays the first 3 episodes perfectly, it just doesn’t play the last episode. I’ve spent days looking through all the forums I can find and I can’t find anyone who’s had the same problem as me. If anyone could help me please I’d be extremely grateful as I don’t know what to do. I’m totally stuck! Please help me! Thanks VERY much in advance!

Cheers, Paul.
filmfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote