View Single Post
Old 13th June 2005, 17:22   #11  |  Link
mshopf

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
What are you using for encoding?
Ok, just to clearify everything:

I'm using VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1, XVid 1.1.0-Beta1-16012005 (koepi),
HDTV2Mpeg 1.07 (AFAIR no change when switching to 1.11 Beta). Yes, 1.10.3 didn't work for me either, but 1.11 seems to be pretty solid. And it does no long bug you with "Couldn't sync ac3 paket" (sp?)...

Quote:
Are you able to demonstrate this issue without the encoding (for example, by just playing linearly in VirtualDub)?
Frankly said, I haven't tried, due to the nature of the bug (no frame loss with the mpeg transformed movie, frame loss with the original data) I haven't bothered because I would be really amused if this would be a XVid or VirtualDubMod bug (not that believe them to be bug free )

I can still do this if it would help you.

Quote:
EDIT: OK, I have seen the effect and am investigating. My first observation is that this stream has no GOP headers. The integrated DGParse has a bug and is showing GOP headers. I'll fix that too.
Great news

I currently happen to stumble accross streams of which appearantly the DELAY during demultiplexing is calculated wrong. But this is only due to me being rather sensitive to async audio. I don't have a clear example at hand, and I would like to solve one problem at a time. So if you don't happen to accidentially fix this bug as well, expect another report in a couple of weeks

Thanks

Matthias
mshopf is offline   Reply With Quote