View Single Post
Old 17th February 2016, 16:55   #36242  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
bottom line is I guess you have to decide for yourself if you want everyone to go with the 1 step solution (or at least be more limited in your options compared to what leeperry wants) or leave room in case others want additional tweaking.
Nicely put, anyway I just ran comparisons on 16:9 1440*1080p30 video content using RS chroma + SR@1 for both chroma & luma and it's matter of picking your poison between CR AR LL + sxbr25(thick and ringy) or NNEDI3(already too sharp to use in combination with luma SR@1) or NEDI(not very detailed but still sharper than Jinc upscaling) or SSIM 1D(2D is too GPU intensive for my HD7850 and so is Jinc downscaling) + NEDI or plain Jinc AR upscaling(with a slight zoom in order to trigger SR+SSIM).

If the ultimate goal is a "set and forget" solution to mVR's config then a sharpness strength for SSIM would be the ideal choice IMO as it surely does a lot of good but as much as extreme details extraction might be great for PIP it can easily look too digital on double SD/1080p downscaled to 1080p.

Last edited by leeperry; 17th February 2016 at 18:21.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote