View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2007, 03:36   #56  |  Link
DeathTheSheep
<The VFW Sheep of Death>

True, but in the context of your patch, it jumps right from cost_mv (which is already defined) to cost_mv_hpel2. Meaning when I insert it over the context (first and last lines in your patch), it is no longer in the original source!

Meaning, of course, when I Ctrl+A to select all the code for each code block in the patch and paste that block into the .c, I simply start from the first context line and overwrite everything in the original until the last context line, meaning everything in between is overwritten with the lines of the patch.

I then go in and delete all the little "+" signs next to the added lines and manually remove all the lines marked with "-." I know hpel is not "removed" as in marked with the "-", but if you look at your patch's context lines...
So you can understand why the patch threw me off .
Code:
Index: encoder/me.c
===================================================================
--- encoder/me.c    (revision 675)
+++ encoder/me.c    (working copy)
@@ -61,6 +61,23 @@
     COPY3_IF_LT( bpred_cost, cost, bpred_mx, mx, bpred_my, my ); \ (this is the first line I overwrote, extending to the end...)
 }

<but hpel was in here, so it disappeared when I overwrote it with this patch, since it's obviously not here now!>

+#define COST_MV_HPEL2( mx, my, cost ) \
+{ \
+    int stride = 16; \
+    uint8_t *src = h->mc.get_ref( m->p_fref, m->i_stride[0], pix, &stride, mx, my, bw, bh ); \
+    cost = h->pixf.fpelcmp[i_pixel]( m->p_fenc[0], FENC_STRIDE, src, stride ) \
+             + p_cost_mvx[ mx ] + p_cost_mvy[ my ]; \
+}

Last edited by DeathTheSheep; 3rd October 2007 at 03:39.
DeathTheSheep is offline   Reply With Quote