View Single Post
Old 21st February 2014, 23:30   #96  |  Link
twtrade

MPC-HC Flatro Theme v1.3

@nautilus7, Thank you and if you have any feedback or suggestions, feel free to post them

@vBm, I'll be sure to add the requested file extensions from user Stanzilla in the next coming days. Thank you.

@Dark Eiri, Sounds great! I look forward to seeing your port I plan on expanding the icon library with any requested file extensions I receive from users. I'll have the .ico files available to you and anyone who would like to build their own custom lib.dll in upcoming Flatro Theme versions.

In regards to the seekbar customization, I've been researching how to change the look of the MPC-HC seekbar since I began work on the Flatro Theme. But according to MPC-HC's Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo55 View Post
The volume and seek bar's cannot be made skinnable without a massive refactoring of the gui code.

And if anyone considers doing that they might as well rewrite the gui in QT to make it not only faster but also completely skinnable (to the point that you could even change the gui to look like a star if you wanted to).
Since I am not very familiar with the programming languages used in MPC-HC (such as C++ etc), I would definitely need assistance from the MPC-HC project developers to make such a large undertaken happen.

But I will keep on improving the Flatro theme and maybe even compile a custom installer (instead of the end-user having to replace files from a pre-existing install).

Whenever someone asks me what is a great multimedia player for them to use, I always recommend MPC-HC. But unfortunately, the first thing I hear out of their mouths is how dated the GUI looks. This reason alone is why some users switch to other media players like VLC and Potplayer. But to me, because of MPC-HC's small footprint and overall playback quality (among many other advantages), I've always preferred MPC-HC over the rest. Especially with the addition of madVR.

In terms of customizing MPC-BE, I'll have a look into this media player when I have some more downtime.

I also want to personally thank you for your support, feedback, and kind words on my little side-project. I too have been a fan of MPC-HC since I discovered the multimedia player one year ago. Put off by its current GUI, it has led me to customize bits and pieces of the player to help give it a more updated/modern look based off of current metro/flat/semi-flat design trends.

Here are some elements and overall design changes I would love to integrate into MPC-HC's GUI with the help of the MPC-HC team...

Last edited by twtrade; 2nd May 2014 at 01:52.
twtrade is offline   Reply With Quote