View Single Post
Old 28th December 2003, 06:03   #1040  |  Link
guspasho

Quote:
Originally posted by manono
guzpasho-

When you ask about VBR, are you referring to the video or the audio? If video, then it is classic VBR 2-pass encoding. I think you are referring to the audio, though. AutoGK uses Average Bitrate, which is a form of VBR. The default for 1 CD rips is the BeSweet Alt-Preset 128. It will give you a VBR MP3, averaging around 128. If you play the audio in a player that shows the bitrate, such as WinAmp, you'll see how it fluctuates, or varies. But my audio knowledge isn't perhaps all it could be, so if that doesn't answer the question, maybe you can elaborate some more.
I think it does, thanks. I was asking about the video, actually. All I know is that when I play the video in Winamp the bitrate doesn't change, but I hadn't considered ABR. Thanks again.

I'm trying to determine why cartoons like Family Guy and Simpsons suck so bad when encoding. You would THINK that they would be much more compressable, you know? But to get even fair quality for a 22 minute episode you have to set the size to 100 MB, which is comparable to live-action video's compressability.

Last edited by guspasho; 28th December 2003 at 06:05.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote