View Single Post
Old 30th March 2015, 14:35   #13  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Time for an update! See 1st post.
  • Add "depthC" parameter, independent depth for chroma, if this value is not specified it defaults to depth/2, except in YV24 where it defaults to just depth. Idea borrowed from _08.
  • Add "cplace" parameter, chroma placement, "MPEG2" for DVD, Blu-ray, web videos and just about any other 'consumer format'. "MPEG1" for some JPGs, MJPEG, and anything else that might use it .
  • Add "lsb" parameter, 16-bit processing - true: if input clip is stack16, false: input clip is a regular 8-bit clip. Output will always be the same format as the input. Dither is now required.
  • Luma mask used to warp chroma is now resized with BilinearResize.
  • YV12 optimization: if "chroma" does not equal 4 or 6 and cplace="MPEG1" then use aWarpSharp2 directly.
  • Note: chroma warp/output is different than aWarpSharp2 (really only when using chroma=4 or 6), I personally prefer aWarpSharp4xx. real.finder also showed me some examples where aWarpSharp4xx is indeed better but as always YMMV.
  • For those who use AviSynth+, script can be found here.
If you find any bugs or if you have any suggestions and or comments please don't hesitate.

Big thanks to line0 for all the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cretindesalpes View Post
A few months ago I needed a 4:4:4 aWarpSharp2 for my toolchain and wrote a modification to the original plug-in:

awarpsharp2-2015.01.29.zip

I wrote this quickly so I’m not sure everything works well. If the plug-in is reported to work correctly, I’ll post the modification in the official aws2 thread.
Thank you very much cretindesalpes! Will definitely test it out!

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 30th March 2015 at 18:53. Reason: corections
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote