View Single Post
Old 21st October 2004, 15:09   #9  |  Link
karl_lillevold

Sagittaire:
1) I am not sure I understand.. "high sensitivity for B frames".. RV10 also decides # of B frames based on video complexity, but there is always room for improvement.
2) In particular this aspect can be improved. The frame queue implementation has made it hard to include 2 when the number of B frames is to be decided (1st), but not a problem in a fixed pattern, or when specified in the .pass file (nice experiment you did..!). This too is something that will be improved one day.

Sirber: "seems"
There is an invention called a stopwatch. You press a button to start a timer, then press again to stop the timer. The stopwatch will then display the amount of time that has passed from the time you pressed the start button until you pressed the stop button. It is sometimes quite useful

1-pass CQ at 100 might be slower than 2-pass at 85, since the 1st pass is always very fast. At the same EHQ, 1-pass will be faster.