View Single Post
Old 5th June 2019, 23:57   #56510  |  Link
dzonibegood

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
There is way too many variables to answer such a question. The green-tinted version may even be the correct one. Or there is a configuration mistake, which we can't even begin to guess at.
It happens on all movies and when played directly from TV via USB it doesn't have that green tint. It looks identical to VLC 3.0.6 actually. So i'm honestly confused here. I did not modify any settings in madVR or the player itself. It is a fresh install of madVR and the player itself that's why i'm asking. Is there some option that i have to flip on to get the correct tone map for HDR?

Quote:
I'm not a color psychopath but TBH the difference is barely noticeable (and close to not at all for the second screenshot) even when you look at the screenshots side by side or switch between them back and forth.

At this point it's not even possible to tell which one is supposed to be the right one. For all we know, madvr could be more faithful to the original source and VLC give the movie a blueish tint.
Well If you take a look it's very easily discernable. Look at stalones hair. It looks greenish while on the VLC it looks black. Look how white is altering to feint green. It definitely is not natural.
It may not even be the issue with the madVR itself but the way the player itself is converting the colors that's why i'm writing here to see if i have to change something as i am running fresh player install with madVR.
You should always second guess if you are not unsure. Don't blindly trust because it says "MadVR".

Quote:
he green is too much, so are the reds (-> face). Take a look at these threads:
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...E-colors-wrong
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...ck#post2045830
Will see if i find some kind of a fix in those threads and will post an update if i have managed to get the proper reproduction.

Quote:
is it me or does MADVR look more natural, perhaps the issue with VLC?
Definitely it is you because the colors do not look more natural but less natural as we don't see the world through a greenish tint, unless you are wearing sunglasses with greenish tint then it's alright.

Thank you guys for answering and will post my findings from the links provided! If you know more about this issue please reply!
dzonibegood is offline   Reply With Quote