View Single Post
Old 17th May 2016, 09:57   #38035  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I am aware of this, just pointing out that one setting for say a 720p source movie may not work so well for another movie also at 720p given the filming techniques used by the director. You begin to get to the stage where the setting used for one does not work for the other.
This is my experience as well, there aren't any universal settings optimal for all sources even at a single resolution, especially for upscaling refinement, artifact removal, and image enhancements.

However, having an algorithm pick optimal madVR settings is a far future concept. We don't even have a good way to measure video quality mathematically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutm80 View Post
The image is taken immediately after the movie started and I reset the initial dropped frames but I have also tested the movie for 1 hr and indeed after 20 minutes or so it started to dropped frames 15, 24, etc.
Your expected frame drop reported by madVR should only be a single frame every twenty minutes. It is to keep the video in-sync with the audio while usually playing the video correctly at the very slightly off frame rate. It sounds like your problem is somewhere else.

I suspect madVR interacting with SVP. Those are pretty light settings, is the GPU downclocking after a while?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionutm80 View Post
Really need your help here since I've done all possible things to solve the issue but to no avail.
"All possible things" rules out pretty much everything we could suggest... What have you tried?

Last edited by Asmodian; 17th May 2016 at 10:15.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote