View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2006, 13:18   #422  |  Link

Quote:
I believe Telecide() would shift it back, correct? Or would there need to be a parameter to insert in those there parenthesis?
Correct. Please refer to the documentation for parameter descriptions. Often the defaults you get if you don't specify anything are fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinbergs View Post
I tried doing the conversion the long way like you had talked about.. and boy was it funny looking! I don't know what happened exactly.. but a lot of my frames turned out to be blended ones (from the de-interlace before resize to 720x480 I presume).. that were then interlaced again (because I chose to encode that way!)
Of course, if you have interlaced video and you don't mind deinterlacing it, then sure, just apply DGPulldown. But if you want to change the rate ofinterlaced material while keeping it interlaced (full temporal content), then the long method can be used. You got blends because you used blend mode when you deinterlaced. But DO NOT deinterlace progressive content; use a field matcher like Telecide() to realign the progressive frames, then apply DGPulldown.

Last edited by Guest; 22nd September 2006 at 13:20.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote