Thread: YV12 FAQ
View Single Post
Old 28th November 2002, 09:05   #50  |  Link
sh0dan
Retired AviSynth Dev ;)

Quote:
Originally posted by Wilbert
1) I'm not sure what you mean. I copied the links to the YV12 resource pages (see 14). Let me know if you mean something else.
Not at the moment.
Quote:
2) I'm updating the Q&A for YV12 and AviSynth v2.5. If it is ready should I commit it to the 2.1 branch (or both branches)?
It should only be comitted to the 2_1 branch - I had planned on copying the 2.0 documentation for the first beta, and then correct it, as the beta phase went along. So just copy the documentation from the main branch (with the latest changes) to 2_1 branch. I haven't updated any documentation for 2.5 yet.

Quote:
3) Is it still true that v2.0x plugins (I remember you discussed it with Richard somewhere) will be useable in the first beta of v2.5?
No - I can see no way for that to be possible, without putting back some bad restrictions into 2.5 (all audio work, and much YV12 support will not be possible, if they have to remain compatible )
The first beta will also invalidate ALL 2.5 alpha, since the plugin load'er will change, so that 2.0 will not try to load 2.5 plugins (and crash) and vice versa.
It is however only a 5 second fix and a recompile necessary to make alpha filters work in the beta.

Quote:
4) Will there be a v2.08 or is v2.5 the next version?
2.0x will still be bug-fixed, but all new features will go into 2.5!
2.0x is the "stable" version, but will probably die out.

Last edited by sh0dan; 28th November 2002 at 13:48.
sh0dan is offline   Reply With Quote