View Single Post
Old 18th August 2005, 17:06   #174  |  Link
ai4spam
Programmer

@veverica: About the extra button, well, SubRip will still try to fill in the characters that it does recognize, but you're right, I guess it makes sense. I'll think about the best way to do it. About the sub removal: it just occurred to me that, ideally, it would be the reverse of VobSub/VSRip, in which the filter would read a .sub/.idx file and remove the burned-in subtitles. I was too lazy to try to go into the file format, and settled for reading simple .pgm images saved by SubRip instead. Maybe VobSub/VSRip's file reading part can be used (if available), and combined with DeLogo's removal part (which is what I use). Do you think you could do that? It'd be a lot more work than debugging my stuff, which is based on DeLogo. If so, send me your email in a PM.
On the other hand, I could work on improving SubRip's detection, based on both PodPis and SubLog Extractor, and make it save the result in standard .sub/.idx files instead of the .pgm sequences it does now. What do you think?
Again, I think the main advantage of using SubRip is that you see the subtitles on screen, and that some of the characters are filled in for you. So, even when you decide to skip a sub to fill it manually later, it helps, and will save you time as you progress, because it will recognize more and more characters as you go on. Maybe adding the possibility to edit a subtitle right within SubRip would help too, I'll think about it.

@johner: Thanks for the links, I didn't know about SubLog Extractor.

Last edited by ai4spam; 18th August 2005 at 17:24.
ai4spam is offline   Reply With Quote