View Single Post
Old 17th July 2015, 18:48   #31887  |  Link
baii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeno View Post
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting on the forums but I've been following this thread and reading threads on the forum for a few months. First off, thank you so much for all of your work madashi. You and the other developers on this forum helped awaken my interest in film and home theater playback.

With that out of the way, I have a few questions regarding madVR:
  1. How much does the monitor affect visual changes in rendering?
    I've played around with most, if not all, of the options in madVR but I can barely see a difference in some options. e.g. I see almost no difference between bilinear and jinc chroma upsampling or error diffusion and no dithering unless I lower the bit depth to something ridiculous. I mainly use a 15" laptop IPS display so I don't think it's the WORST choice out there but I just can't see a difference even staring closely.
  2. Will smooth motion work well with 23.976>60hz conversions or should I let reclock speed up video to 24fps and let smooth motion blend it to 60?
  3. SuperRes options are adjustable numerically rather than listed in presets.
    Updated to 88.18 but the madVR config remains unchanged. Not that it really matters. With NNEDI3, I saw absolutely no difference in SuperRes off and SuperRes 10pass 1.0 strength. It was more noticeable when using jinc or nedi.
  4. Previous versions of madVR had a slight increase in render times with d3d11 enabled but the current version actually lowered render times by a few milliseconds.
    Not really sure what d3d9 and d3d11 are but I also wouldn't expect performance to change when updating versions.

Sorry for the laundry list of questions but I'm really appreciative of everything on this forum.
1. chroma upscaling is known to have little effect on real life material.
2. edit: nvm thought you said SVP, that wont make a difference.
3. people are working on it
4. does not matter ~~

most of the stuff go back to "judge with your own eye".
baii is offline   Reply With Quote