View Single Post
Old 28th November 2016, 15:25   #40894  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flossy_cake View Post
I can repeatably witness it smooth with my own eyes. I cannot deny my own senses otherwise I'd have to be radically sceptical about everything. Do you believe it when people witness smooth motion on the variable gsync framerate demos such as the windmill/pendulum demo or do you think they are all just stupid and just can't detect judder? Because that is one hell of a conspiracy if you believe it. Gsync is for people who are allergic to judder, it's the complete opposite of everything you are making it out to be. It's the solution, not the problem
You are once again and repeatedly ignoring the fact that those demos are rendered in real-time, they are not recorded videos.
Videos do not work like real-time rendered 3d scenes, which is the entire point several of us have been trying to bring across to you for several posts.

If a video was recoded at 24p, then its frames are exactly 41.6ms apart. Exactly that. No other interval is acceptable. Not 40ms, and not 43ms, and certainly not 35 or 50ms.

G-SYNC and FreeSync are awesome for 3D rendering in games and the like, the increase in smoothness is extremely noticeable. I have a screen myself. However, video playback is not a 3d game - that is the entire and only point everyone has been trying to make.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 28th November 2016 at 15:30.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote