Thread: XviD Quantizers
View Single Post
Old 13th April 2012, 23:37   #12  |  Link
sirt
x264 fan

But I want to know ! It's possible I am not able to understand without any specifical knownedge ; so, according to you, there is no need to set that in so far as the quantizer will AUTOMATICALLY choose the adequate quantizers and lowering the values could restrict its work, am I right this time ? You will say I am asking too much but let's try again...how can you be sure the "right" quantizer will be chosen ? And what do you mean by "right" ? I am also confused with the I-Frames and B-Frames chosen during an encode...how is that possible the encoder will choose the right one as a reference ? From what I have read it is possible to set manually what will be a I-Frame or B-Frame trough an override text but it is probably dedicated to XviD or x264 gurus. Of course I won't assume to tell you if a good frame was used a reference by the encoder to reconstruct other frames around basing its work on that refrenced one but...what if this reference frame is one of the worse from the video such as a ringed or destroyed one ? Then I think the segment near that frame will be encoded with a bad quality and I couldn't control that.
sirt is offline   Reply With Quote