View Single Post
Old 27th February 2016, 03:31   #19  |  Link
hydra3333

Hello. I am a linux wannabie attempting to cross-compile x264 for windows under an ubuntu VM, and have reasonable success with a vanilla build.
eg Clone from GIT then
Quote:
./configure --host=i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-static --cross-prefix=/home/u/Desktop/xx/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers-master/sandbox/cross_compilers/mingw-w64-i686/bin/i686-w64-mingw32- --prefix=/home/u/Desktop/xx/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers-master/sandbox/cross_compilers/mingw-w64-i686/i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-strip --enable-lavf --disable-avs
Unknown option --enable-lavf, ignored
platform: X86
byte order: little-endian
system: WINDOWS
cli: yes
libx264: internal
shared: no
static: yes
asm: yes
interlaced: yes
avs: no
lavf: no
ffms: no
mp4: no
gpl: yes
thread: win32
opencl: yes
filters: crop select_every
debug: no
gprof: no
strip: yes
PIC: no
bit depth: 8
chroma format: all
However I do not know how to configure and make it with mp4/lavf support and goggling doesn't seem to provide useful answers.

One page said to clone and build gpac and then copy include files into the x264 folder
Code:
cp -R ../mpbox_gpac/gpac/include/gapc/* ./
and add this to the the x264 configure commandline
Code:
--extra-ldflags=-L../mpbox_gpac/bin/gcc --enable-mp4 --enable-mp4-output
However - could some kind soul please provide links or step by step info on how to turn
Code:
lavf:          no
mp4:           no
into
Code:
lavf:          yes
mp4:           yes
edit: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...34#post1659734 says
Quote:
You can type "./configure --help" for a list of commands. But if you want to enable external libraries like LAVF, FFMS and MP4 you will need to compile those libraries first!
For LAVF support you need ffmpeg/libav (libavcodec, libavformat, libavutils), for FFMS support you need FFMS2 and for MP4 support you need either L-SMASH or GPAC/MP4Box.
Once the required header files (.h) are in your include path and the required lib files (.a) are in your library path, the configure script will find them automatically
however that didn't have the desired result.

Last edited by hydra3333; 27th February 2016 at 05:20.
hydra3333 is offline   Reply With Quote