View Single Post
Old 12th March 2019, 20:13   #55306  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaemon View Post
Hello,

So I just finished to setup my new rig and I'm really struggling to get back madVR playback to what it was before. I went from a GTX 1080 to an RTX 2080 Ti and from an i5 6400 to an i9 9900k. With the new rig I'm getting stuttering in full screen in every configuration I could think of. I basically tried everything. From the decoder to the renderer to the OS. In every configuration I got excellent to decent average render times (10 ms). The problem is the max render time which is very high (usually above 60 ms). I could be wrong but with the old rig I don't think I ever experienced such bad max render times. What is weird is that I have no dropped frames. I'm kinda limited with drivers because RTX is not supported with old drivers. I tried to install the one I think I was using before but it cannot be done.

It would be great if you had any kind of idea. 1080p playback is barely okay but UHD playback is just not watchable at the moment. In the past everything was running smooth with 3D LUT, HDR tone mapping and even some upscaling/zoom control. Something's really off but aside from the max render times, all looks good to me.

Thanks.
sounds like my situation minus the render times. backup your madvr folder and reset settings to default and rebuild your profiles see if that fixes it.
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote